Monday, July 6, 2009

Repurposing Bangles Into Pendant Necklaces


I was shopping at a local Value Village and found myself floating towards the jewelry section ... like I always do. There, I was struck by vibrant hues of colour and metals in a bag of bangles, traditionally worn by Indian women. I had purchased them on the fly, inspired by their colour, and wondered what the hell to do with them now?? Well, as seen in the 300 necklace, I used the coloured bangles as a template for a pendant design, and found some rich and inviting colour combinations, inspired by the bracelets themselves. So, next time you see something that makes you smile, think 'outside the box' and make something that will make someone else smile! Here's a photoblog of the necklaces that I've made with these lovely bangles.




I have lots more bangles, and I've already had some ideas for earrings, window light catchers, dreamcatchers, bubble wands for kids, as well as bracelet designs around the bangle itself, like adding an extra beaded chain with the bangle. Anything I missed you'd like to suggest?

Photography credit: Cassandra Watsham

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...