Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BeadStyle Magazine Inspires The Spider Kiss necklace!

Just in time for Halloween!  I've made my first piece of the season, called The Spider Kiss necklace!  Check it out!



How cool is this!  I had picked up the September edition of BeadStyle Magazine, featuring a really interesting statement necklace that set my imagination free!  The big thing that had been on my mind was a creative block of Halloween ideas.  The design is referred to an 'origami bib', because if you make it right, you can fold it up!  The immediate idea that I had when I saw this was a spider web.  This is the first one that I've made above.  I have an idea for another web with small flies caught in it, and I have some gorgeous flattened round silver-plated beads that would make for glamorous spiders!  I also plan to try the pattern in different variations outside of the Halloween theme, using different beads and trying different patterns.


The issue has to be my favourite so far because of the different range of ideas an inspirations that are a little more 'forward thinking' than other issues.  They've featured some new, innovative designs in necklaces, especially a really interesting asymmetrical necklace I'll be trying very soon, as well!
Pick up your copy today!

Photography credit: Cassandra Watsham

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...