Monday, September 21, 2009

September Make n' Tell Challenge, Day #21: Scarab necklace

Whew! Just made it for today's September Make n' Tell Challenge!

Today's also a short one, and something so familiar ... well, I've returned to Agnes' beads to make a necklace with a combination of beads that had been haunting me, but I haven't been able to make something I really liked.  I think I finally came up with something.

 
 

The long striped rectangle bead is just one of a string that I bought at Walmart in their sale bin, and the turquoise scarab is something that I've always end up including in a piece, only to be destroyed later to make something else.  I think this one'll stick for now, at least for a while.

Well, there you have it!  Two close calls on the past few days, but I have more exciting projects lined up.  I think I have to start thinking of my Halloween costume soon.

What did my September Make n' Tell Challenge friends do today?

A Frayed Knot Knits
www.afrayedknotknits.com

BeadCrazed by Lisa Lutz
lisalutz.blogspot.com

Brainphreak
www.brainphreak.com

Designs by Victoria
dbvictoria.blogspot.com

Life Stiles
iron-chef-bbq.livejournal.com

Mrs Gryphon
mrsgryphon.blogspot.com

The Tote Trove
thetotetrove.blogspot.com



previous September Make n' Tell Challenges:
Day #2 - The first Make n' Tell giveaway! Congrats to Tracy from The Tote Trove!
Day #10 & #11
Day #12 - Happy Birthday, Dad!
Day #13
Day #14 
Day #15
Day #16 & #17

1 comment:

Lisa Lutz said...

Great piece! I never know what to do stone chips, I love what you've done with them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...