Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September Make n' Tell Challenge, Day #9: Resizing a Bracelet - To Make Earrings!

It's that time again ... time for another September Make n' Tell Challenge!

It's a little late in the night tonight, so I wanted to do something without much effort.  I had decided to adjust the bracelet that I had bought from 'The Painted Lady' at the CNE Arts & Crafts Building.  I figure with a couple extra beads added to the bracelet, I could remove two leaf sections and make matching earrings.  Tonight, I just made the earrings and left the bracelet to another day.

Here's the original bracelet.


And here are the matching earrings!


I had used small cats eye beads and polished agate stones to dangle on the bottom of the leaves.  I didn't want to get overboard with any pink details for the rhinestone on the leaf, so I kept to the colours on the larger brown and black stone.  I think they turned out swell!

Before I turn in for the night, lemme see what my September Make n' Tell Challenge buddies are up to!

Procrastination leads to new inspiration!
A Frayed Knot Knits
www.afrayedknotknits.com

Cosmic Glass!  Whoa!
BeadCrazed by Lisa Lutz
lisalutz.blogspot.com

Happy to help a friend with her gorgeous 'upcycled' reversible necklace!
Brainphreak
www.brainphreak.com

The 'burgundy kick' continues!
Designs by Victoria
dbvictoria.blogspot.com

Something's underfoot!
Life Stiles
iron-chef-bbq.livejournal.com

Sarah puts a 'fritatta' bug in a hungry ear, with fantastic - and tasty - results!
Mrs Gryphon
mrsgryphon.blogspot.com

No tote is complete without rhinestones!
The Tote Trove
thetotetrove.blogspot.com


previous September Make n' Tell Challenges:
Day #2 - Everyone who entered receives a gift! Email designbycassandra@hotmail.com with your mailing address!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...