Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm Goin' Medieval!

My assistant manager at work had asked me to help make part of his study unit for Medieval England in school.  He is dressing up as a monk, will make a presentation and conduct an interview!  All he needs is a rosary that looked medieval-y enough.  I hadn't seen the costume itself, but he assured me to think of 'a Jedi robe'.  Either way, I think I had some success.  Take a look!


What you're seeing is hemp twine knotted with dried bean and wood beads with a small wooden cross.  There's a simple loop that can be slipped over a bean to keep the necklace safely on the neck.

Can't wait to see the finished result of the full costume!

2 comments:

The Tote Trove said...

Nice. Also, I like your new blog design.

Cassandra Watsham said...

Thanks, lady! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...