Monday, February 22, 2010

Inspirations: Harry Potter, Fawkes the Phoenix


 I've finally used up the rest of the Swarovski crystals from the Artbeads.com Crystallized Swarovski Elements project!  A few small red crystal rondelles left, I found some new inspiration with recycling a pair of earrings and turned it into a something worth a tribute.

The HARRY POTTER Collection - Fawkes the Phoenix earrings
 

I had purchased earrings with these phoenix birds emblazoned in these cabochons.  I had lost one a long time ago, and had unexpectedly found it again just last week!  In spirit of the phoenix, I decided to transform these earrings into something new, inspired by the loyal familiar of Hogwart's Professor Dumbledore of the Harry Potter series, Fawkes.  The lucite yellow and red crystals make up the Gryffendor House colours, which Harry is a member of.   You can purchase these one-of-a-kind earrings in my Etsy shop!

I'm very choosy when doing 'tribute' pieces because I want to make sure they're done with respect.  I've so many ideas floating around, especially with Lost in its sixth and final season, and the loads of reading I've been doing lately.

Take a look at the other 'tribute' pieces I've done!
*Disclaimer: I had received these products free of charge from Artbeads.com and I am making an honest review of the products and have not been paid for this endorsement as it pertains to the products received.

Photography credit: Cassandra Watsham

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...