Sunday, February 28, 2010

Repurposing Bangles into Earrings

Well, there's only so many pendant necklaces you can make with these colourful bangles, and they're such a great find!  You may (or may not) remember me talking about a quirky inspiration that had more to do with colour than functionality - a bagful of glass, metal and acrylic traditional Indian bangles in every colour of the rainbow.  The pendants turned out beautifully, and there a couple more ideas I have rattling about, but I had another idea in mind.  These bangles are incredibly lightweight and easy to wear, I thought I'd try an alternative to a hoop earring!  Take a look at these latest creations.








I've got a few more ideas on colour coordination and setting and'll probably work on those soon.  While working with the bangles, I found a cool surprise, too - some of them are bendable!  Experimenting with twists, bends and warps, I tried out some new shapes and ideas to make some really one-of-a-kind earrings!  Take a look at these two bendy examples below!



I've listed these earrings on my Etsy shop to give them good homes - because I wanna share the wealth!  

I'm off to sketch out more ideas!

Photography credit: Cassandra Watsham

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...