Friday, May 28, 2010

Creative Freedom With A Custom Order!

I've had the most fortunate opportunity to design and create jewelry for a very classy and fashionable lady, Janace King-Watson.  She had admitted to me that she knows what she likes, but doesn't have the 'talent' to put it together.  She's offered me a challenge and presented me with some beautiful beads to create some pieces for her!




These black wire-wrapped beads came in two strands.  Janace had asked that I take two of the flat beads to make earrings and the rest into a bracelet.  I had added a charm from a recycled vintage souvenier bracelet from San Marino (purchased from ArtBoxDesigns.etsy.com!) for an exotic detail, and fitting since Janace is a globetrotter!  The earrings I wanted to make a 'dramatic yet simplistic' statement, and she had asked for them not to sit too close to the ears.  The faceted beads came from another recycled necklace and were a great eclectic fit to the wire-wrapped beads and mismatched chain.  The findings are all sterling silver, given to me by Janace to use them in these pieces because of her sensitive skin.


Aren't these amethyst agate tear drop beads to die for??!?  Janace had handed me two strands of these beads, each one absolutely unique, and wanted a single strand necklace of these beads fitting around the collarbone.  I've also strung crystal quartz chips in between each stone bead to keep them from grinding.  I do have a few left over, and I'm going to try to make a pair of earrings that will match this set.

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it AMAZING what nature provides?!
These stones are GORGEOUS!
Love the swirling colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...