Monday, January 3, 2011

Etsy Monday! Resolution Edition, Issue #13: Be Good To Yourself

Happy New Year to all of you DIY lovers, crafty people and artsy-fartsies!

As much as people may deny it, everyone has their own personal list of 'New Year's Resolutions'.  It may be the same promises you keep to yourself every year to better yourself in some way, to go on a new adventure, to try a new hairstyle, to pick up a new hobby, or to drop a bad habit.  For January's Etsy Monday! issues, I'd like to try to help you with whatever 'resolutions' you have for yourself!

My resolutions every year fall in the generic categories a lot of the time; I find that specific resolutions always seem to disappoint me.  The whole thought process of making resolutions for me is to reflect on the year that has passed, and see what I've learned from an entire year of new experiences, people I've met and accomplishments I've made.  There is one resolution, however, that I do make every year for myself - and it's to be good to myself, to remember that I have friends and family who love me as much as I love them.  I do think that people tend to forget to take care of themselves as much as they are generous with other people - I know I can be!  So, may I present a few Etsians who can certainly help you feel good about yourself, so that you can be better in everything you do in 2011!

FusionSweets.etsy.com

The first thing I think of when it comes to treating myself is candy.  Who doesn't?  There's nothing like a sweet, tasty confection to indulge in!  Then, may I suggest feasting your eyes on Fusion Sweets - baked goods, candies and other sweets infused with Eastern and Western influences.  Kay and Angela, a mother-and-daughter team "with a passion for eating, baking and traveling [sic]" experiment with combinations of unique flavours and spices.  Pick up a little treat for yourself and tell a friend about the shop - they'll treat you to a "referral discount!"  And if you're in the Michigan area, they offer free pickup - that might be dangerous for your sweet tooth!

Taro Butter Caramels



Mango, Rose, Lime Berlingots

Zesty Lemon Meringue Marshmallows

Handmade Twisted Peppermint Lollipops

Dulce de Leche Coconut Macaroons - Gluten Free

sunbasilgarden.etsy.com

The next best thing to eating sweets is smelling sweet!  I can tell you first-hand that Sunbasilgarden Soaps are excellent products!  Lauren is a mother of two boys - most likely the source of her motto:  "life is too messy not to use soap" - so why not use happy soap?  Not only will the scents invigorate you when used, but the whimsy and imagination behind the designs and shapes will bring a smile to your face everyday.  The shop offers mix n' match packages to save on shipping - why not buy a few more surprises for that upcoming Valentine?

Creamsicle Soap

Carnation Soap

Cucumber Wasabi Salt Bar Soap

Ginger Lime Sunrise Soap

Marrakesh Express Soap

MajoReyStore.etsy.com

There's nothing that makes you feel like a million bucks than pretty, well-fitted underthings, and I don't think anyone understands how sexy things fit better than the Latin Americans!  Majo Rey is an independent fashion house in Uruguay, South America, crafting some of the finest and delicate lingerie and loungewear fashions for all ages and sophistications.  "Our ethos is to manage a harmony between design and practical comfort," quotes their Etsy profile page.  Something they've certainly accomplished!

Grey Lace set, Intense Winter Collection

Push-Up White Bra

Flowered Top and Pant set

Silence Nightgown/Camisole in Violet

Underwired Top in Black



Stay tuned for the next Etsy Monday! for more ways to fulfill your resolutions this year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a super sweet blog post! Thank you so much for including my soaps on your beautiful blog. And yes- the little boys helped give me a need for fun soap. Love that fushion candy..on my list to try. Happy 2011!

Sunbasilgarden said...

Oppss..clicked too fast..above isn't anonymous..It's me- Sunbasilgarden :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...