Monday, January 3, 2011

The Pantone Colour of 2011: Honeysuckle

After the tranquil escapism of their colour choice of Turquoise in 2010, Pantone Inc., the "global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries", has made many dreams come true for those girly-girls out there by announcing Honeysuckle as the signature hue of 2011!

Growing up a tomboy, I was never really attached much to pink as other girls were.  I don't ever recall having a pink bedspread, let alone a pink bedroom.  I had a few pink outfits as a child, and owned Barbies, but I also played in the mud and gave them haircuts so that they could fight with my brother's G.I. Joes.  My wardrobe consisted of well-fitting, awesome clothes with earth tones and neutrals.  Only the last few years had I started to incorporate jewel tones - amethyst purples, bright turquoise, emerald greens, pale yellows and rich pinks - into my wardrobe with key pieces and accessories (scarves are the big thing for me right now!).  I was always worried about looking like I was 'trying too hard' to look feminine, since my tomboyish look has resulted in a "polished bohemian" look, both professional and casual (at least when I'm going out - it's pajama pants and a tee when I'm blogging at home!).  Honeysuckle was a colour that helped me reign in that feminine style without feeling 'fake'.  Whether it's a bold necklace, a casual print top, a pashmina scarf or floral brooch - the piece not only fits right, but feels right.  The fit makes me comfortable, and the colour can change my attitude.  And I know, if I ever want to face a day with a sassy, confident attitude and still feel 'myself', I wear Honeysuckle.

"In times of stress, we need something to lift our spirits.  Honeysuckle is a captivating, stimulating color [sic] that gets the adrenaline going - perfect to ward off the blues, explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Colour Institute®.  "Honeysuckle derives its positive qualities from a powerful bond to its mother color [sic] red, the most physical, viscerally alive hue in the spectrum."

Honeysuckle will be making appearances in day and night apparel for women, as well as accessories and cosmetics.  Mens shirts, ties and sportswear will be featuring this hue for a punch of energetic colour.  Patterned pillows, bedspreads, tabletop accessories, kitchenware and small appliances in this vibrant hue will be gracing homes, as well as wall and window treatments.  This colour will create a flurry of inspiration across the spectrum in the design world - I'm excited to see what will be revealed!

Read more about Pantone's choice of Honeysuckle for 2011 in their press release!

Check out my latest Treasury on Etsy inspired by the Pantone Colour of 2011 - Honeysuckle!




Love Birds - a Valentine gif...
$38.00

ON SALE Deco Garden in Raspb...
$52.70

Wonderland - a girlie girly ...
$30.00

Pretty in Pink Chalcedony Ne...
$34.00

Shabby Chic Pink Vintage Flo...
$14.00

Set of 2 Vintage Style Cheni...
$8.50

Slouch Hobo Bag Purse in Hot...
$41.00

OOAK - Circle Brooch in Hone...
$30.00

Extra Large Swarovski Crysta...
$49.00

SALE - Bib statement necklac...
$53.00

Honeysuckle Pink Silk Rosett...
$16.00

Love Lives Cozy Here - Honey...
$20.00

Best Friends Forever BFF 3 i...
$12.00

Honeysuckle Solid Perfume
$7.00

Valentines day honeysuckle h...
$10.00

Honeysuckle Pink Journal wit...
$12.00

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...