Friday, January 20, 2012

'The ants have invaded': Picnik.com is Closing April 19

Yep, a little maddening and upsetting, it was my secret weapon for all this time.  I created just about every single graphic on this and other blogs, made my jewelry photos and collages gorgeous, and now it'll be gone as of April.

Picnik.com, one of the greatest and easiest photo editing tools this side of Microsoft Paint, will be closing its site on April 19, 2012.  It seems that Google+ has requisitioned them in some way, yet I still don't seem to understand if and how they'll be available. 

So, I guess I gotta stop being lazy and learn PhotoShop.

In the meantime, I invite you to take advantage of their premium packages they're offering for free - I know I'll be ravaging the site for what it's worth.  I've been working on an online portfolio of my latest jewelry creations and will be using all these features locked out to me before as a free user. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cassandra,

I totally know how you feel. For life, business, and blogging great photos are essential.

I am part of a small group of ex-Picnikers that is building a new photo-editor that will serve as a great replacement for your old fave Picnik! PicMonkey is dedicated to bringing you all the familiar features that you're accustomed to plus some exciting new abilities.

Sign up on our site www.PicMonkey.com and we’ll keep you updated on a launch date. Also, feel free to send me your feedback, feature requests, and, of course, any questions you have!

Cheers,
Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...