Friday, January 6, 2012

Catchup from the Holidays ...

Hi everybody!  It's been a while ...

Since the new job, I hadn't been making too much jewelry as of late, which has really been taking its toll on me recently.  It's all been a focus of clearing out stuff I'm not using, being more organized with my supplies and setting up a workspace that can be packed away a little more easily.  I have lofty ideas, but they're attainable.  I have come a little ways since my last purge; sometimes it takes more than one!

My flakiness might also be an affect of the closing of my Etsy shop.  I will say that I've learned quite a bit from my Etsy experience that I can take to further pursuits.  I may open up shop again!  All in due time ...

My recent posts may have given you a bit of a toothache; my modest kitchen turned into a badass cookie machine over the holidays, as I had opted to bake some delicious treats for family and friends.  As much as I didn't want to see another cookie between Christmas and New Years, I've got loads of ideas for Valentines Day ... as well as branching out on some other nifty baking ventures.

And with all that cookie karma that I gave out, Nick and I got something really nifty this year.  My Dad and stepmum had made us a set of stackable wood 'book cubes' made from knotty pine.  We've got a rather large book collection, and it was nice to see it from stacks on the floor to a unique bookcase that is easily moveable if we move or decide to change things around.  We made even add to it with our own cubes, if we're feeling ambitious!  Thank you, thank you, Dad and M - they're beautiful!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...