Saturday, January 28, 2012

I Got A Part in BMT's 'Guys & Dolls'!

Oh, I've been away for a little while, I'm terribly sorry.  I've been updating my performance art blog, The Pursuit, with a whole bunch of nutty rehearsal debauchery.  I'm happy to say that I'm carrying a 'family tradition' of sorts and got a part in the ensemble cast of Brampton Music Theatre's Guys & Dolls, and have been recording rehearsals for posterity and memory's sake.

I also thought I'd have a little fun and make some 'fan art'.  Whaddaya think?


Print design is like a grown-up colouring book for me.  I slaved over this thing in ridiculous detail; the specific angle of the fedora, making sure the yellow wasn't too bright, and I went through a billion fonts (sorry, over exaggerating) for Lady Luck's signoff.  I love it.  I may print a few of these off on nice paper, laminate them and give them out as bookmarks to castmates as souveniers.

Well, I guess the work paid off!  I had been asked by the producer during our last rehearsal if I could design the program for the show.  I am incredibly excited.  This will be loads of fun.  I'll be posting a few sneak peeks here of some stuff I come up with for your perusal!

In the meantime, feel free to check out The Pursuit and follow the blog to keep updated with the G&D rehearsal process and where to get tickets!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...